- 10 things you need for your keto holidays!
- 10 tips for your Keto on the go!
- 5 Super tips to lose weight!
- Calculate Your Macros with the Go-Keto Calculator
- Can you heal from type 2 diabetes?
- Caroline’s Keto Story
- Celine and the ketogenic metamorphosis
- Diabetes and ketones
- Diabetes at a glance
- Getting my Go-Keto act together
- How do I calculate my Glucose and Ketone Index?
- How do you choose the right Ketone meter?
- Keto and coffee: Does it go well together?
- Keto and social life : how to deal with it ?
- Ketogene Diet
- Measuring ketones: What are the options and how do I measure?
- Michael’s Keto Story
- Mineral deficiencies on a keto diet and how to handle them
- Mythbuster: The keto diet increases your cholesterol
- The beginnings of the ketogenic diet
- The feeling of failure in the ketogenic diet
- The keto diet: what is it and how does it work
- The Ketogenic Diet: Are Ketones Dangerous?
- Type 2 Diabetes: How do you recognize it?
- Watch your Blood Sugar Level
- What is Dietary Cholesterol? | How do I Reduce my Cholesterol?
- What is Intermittent Fasting? | Can I combine Intermittent Fasting with the Keto Diet?
- What to expect when you are fasting on a Ketogenic diet?
- Why it Pays to Use the Go-Keto Meter
Why it Pays to Use the Go-Keto Meter
Hi there, fellow ketonians,
Although I’ve been on keto for about a year now – with a few breaks – and have been in possession of the Go-Keto Meter Kickstart Set for almost as long, I’ve not used it very often. Why? To be honest, the reason is utterly silly – I kept forgetting to order new test strips. Sad but true! But I’ve started measuring for real now.
When the test strips ran out, I used my husband’s urine strips for a while and later on – don’t laugh! – I thought I could just “feel” when I was in ketosis, so why bother measuring? I know, I know… Guilty as charged.
But recently, I found out why it’s really important to take exact measurements of your ketone levels. Of course, it helps to kickstart your keto journey in the beginning when you go keto, as you can see in the video. But there’s more. You’ll need the meter later on as well.
Finding the Ketone “Sweet Spot”
Everyone has a more or less ideal ketone level, a sort of “sweet spot in ketosis” at which your metabolism runs perfectly smooth: you have no cravings, you feel full of energy and you lose weight easily and steadily. That’s something worth finding! And the only way to do that, and to keep as close to it as possible over time, is to measure your ketone levels regularly and check them against what you eat.
So my mission for the next two weeks is to find my ketone sweet spot by using my Go-Keto Meter at least twice a day. Here we go!
Take care and go keto!