- 10 things you need for your keto holidays!
- 10 tips for your Keto on the go!
- 5 Super tips to lose weight!
- Calculate Your Macros with the Go-Keto Calculator
- Can you heal from type 2 diabetes?
- Caroline’s Keto Story
- Celine and the ketogenic metamorphosis
- Diabetes and ketones
- Diabetes at a glance
- Getting my Go-Keto act together
- How do I calculate my Glucose and Ketone Index?
- How do you choose the right Ketone meter?
- Keto and coffee: Does it go well together?
- Keto and social life : how to deal with it ?
- Ketogene Diet
- Measuring ketones: What are the options and how do I measure?
- Michael’s Keto Story
- Mineral deficiencies on a keto diet and how to handle them
- Mythbuster: The keto diet increases your cholesterol
- The beginnings of the ketogenic diet
- The feeling of failure in the ketogenic diet
- The keto diet: what is it and how does it work
- The Ketogenic Diet: Are Ketones Dangerous?
- Type 2 Diabetes: How do you recognize it?
- Watch your Blood Sugar Level
- What is Dietary Cholesterol? | How do I Reduce my Cholesterol?
- What is Intermittent Fasting? | Can I combine Intermittent Fasting with the Keto Diet?
- What to expect when you are fasting on a Ketogenic diet?
- Why it Pays to Use the Go-Keto Meter
Caroline’s Keto Story
Hi there, fellow ketonians!
My name is Caroline and I work as an editor for Go-Keto.
I was on keto for most of 2021. I lost about 8kg and after a bit of keto flu in the first few days, I felt pretty good. However, I decided to take a break from the diet over the holidays. I just wanted to relax for a bit and not think too much.
I was out of ketosis for about two weeks. I didn’t overindulge and I didn’t even gain weight, so I don’t feel guilty, really. But I do feel sort of heavy and bloated by now, and just very, very fed up with carbs! So, it’s time to go back to keto basics. Time to
be the best me.
Here’s my motivation
– I want to lose another 4kg
– I want to stop thinking about eating all day
– I want to improve my digestion (keto helps – a lot!)
– I want to fit into my blue party dress
– I want to feel clean, focused and energized again
And this is my keto plan
– As of this week, I’ll cut the carbs to about 20gr a day
– I’ll eat keto veggies with every meal
– I’ll eat less protein and more fat (MCT!)
– I’ll work out twice a week
– I’ll take a walk every day
– I’ll stay in ketosis until the end of February (at least)
Starting next Friday, I will let you know every week how I’m doing on this ‘Back to Basics’ keto journey. I will share with you my ketone levels and weight, my lifestyle and diet adjustments, an occasional recipe, how I’m feeling, my challenges and – I hope – my achievements.
Let’s support and inspire each other in this adventure. Together, we’ll make this a great keto journey.
Take care and Go Keto!