- ‘‘Organic is not only about health, it is about taste too’’
- 7 things you need to know about Ghee!
- Exercise & Nutrition
- Fat Facts: the Best Sources of Fat for Keto
- How can you snack and still stay in ketosis?
- Is Ghee Dairy Free and Vegan?
- Keto Diet and Sweeteners: The Best and Worst Choices
- MCT oil in a ketogenic diet: this is how you use it for optimal success!
- MCT Oil Tips: When to take it and how often
- Pasta and rice substitutes you might want to try when doing keto
- The best vegetables for the ketogenic diet
- What is MCT oil and how it helps you in your keto journey?
- What kind of food fits into your keto diet?
- When is my blood sugar too low, too high or normal?
- Which food brings you out of ketosis?
- Which nuts fit into a keto diet?
- Why I love Go-Keto Crunch
Why I love Go-Keto Crunch
On the subject of ketogenic snacks, I’m rather picky and really suspicious. I’m wary of approximate compositions, of so-called “keto-friendly” snacks, with too high total carbohydrates and long lists of ingredients. To keep it simple and make sure I’m not making a mistake, I hardly ever buy them. For the same reasons, when coaching, I advise my trainees to avoid them.
However, the Go-Keto “Crunch” granola is a snack that I sometimes use, and even recommend! Here are the 4 reasons why I love it!
1) IT’S TASTE
I am very picky about bars and snacks: I often find them too sweet, too chemical, too soft or too sickening.
The Go-Keto crunch comes in two versions: the chocolate-vanilla version and the chocolate-orange version. I love both because they satisfy a sweet tooth without being too sweet. The sweetness is perfectly balanced, and the crunch of the seeds and almonds adds texture. It’s a rather small snack, but very satisfying and really delicious!
2) IT’S COMPOSITION
I like the fact that the list of ingredients is simple and short. Unlike some bars that are packed with preservatives, unknown products, irritating fibres, gluten and other flavour enhancers, here the composition of the granola is simple, clear and effective.
- Go-Keto Crunch Double Orange Almond: almond, erythritol, pumpkin seed, sunflower seed, cocoa paste, cinnamon, orange essential oil, himalayan salt, green tea extract.
- Go-Keto Crunch Double Almond Vanilla: almond, erythritol, pumpkin seed, sunflower seed, cocoa paste; coconut oil, vanilla extract, himalayan salt, green tea extract.
3) IT’S MACROS
I find it very convenient that the crunches are packaged in small portions, where the carb count is already done. Each portion contains about 10g of carbohydrates, including 8g of erythritol (polyol) which you can deduct from the total carbohydrate count. Once you’ve deducted this, you’re left with less than 2g of carbohydrates in the little granola bag.
If you are still worried, you can also test your blood sugar with the Go-Keto meter: just take your blood sugar 5 minutes before and 2 hours after eating the granola!
In everyday life, it is very easy to eat keto. But when you’re on holiday, travelling, hiking, on the move in general, it gets more complicated, because you don’t always have something easy to eat with you! For all these occasions, I find this little crunch very practical.
Last month I was on a training course in a hotel where the meal provided for everyone was not at all suitable for my diet. I was able to ask for a hot drink, into which I poured two good spoonful’s of MCT powder, and I accompanied it with a small bag of chocolate orange crunch! I lasted until the evening without hunger, without any loss of energy or fatigue!